Saturday, December 30, 2006

Homepge making 2


Drivers' range at night

Lastnight, because of the huge amount of to-dos from homepage making, I was working until 1 with my dad. After that, I had another thing need to be done, so I was doing that. I realized the time was almost 3am. My brain had two things; "oh this is too late, go to bed soon!" and "Louana will be home soon". At that moment, my skype made a sound. She was there. She was alone home, so we had a really fun talk together. She was talking to me , eating sushi. I guessed right where she bought it. That is a store we together went three times in Eindhoven.

I went to bed around 4am, yeah very undaily life-cycle. I just say "because it is around New Year's Day".

My mother yelled and I woke up at 10 this morning. She wanted to ask me if I can give my grandma a ride to somewhere. But she could ask me later too. Yeah, sometimes my mom does a weird thing, but that is forgivable.

With sleepy eyes, I got a cup of coffee and ready to work on homepaging. It went really well. We have come halfway.

Then my dad wants to buy a new laptop. He wants a lighter and smaller one with the same quality as the one he has, Let's Note W5. There is Let's Note R5 which will be the most appropriate for his request. I checked and compared the specks and prices. R5 doesn't have a CD/DWD player inside so you have to attach it. There is a good online store who sells R5 at the cheapest price according to kakaku.com ( website you can compare prices) . That online store are off till 4th January, so we decided to wait and see New Year Sales if they sell cheaper than that. And also I can ask about R5 there. So I am going to have a new PC soon!!

What I am happy about this the most is it will allow me to work on translation outside home. Let's Note has a very powerful battery and is very light. I have worked on translation with my dad's Let's Note at Starbucks, I enjoyed it a lot.

My mom was cleaning house all day, so I helped her. I put my iPod on my ear listening to Dutch for Dummies and cleaning washstand. I almost didn't understand what they said completely but felt a slight improvement in my Dutch language ability. In cleaning, what I enjoy is discover things. I found 2 two tubes of facewash and one block of mirrorwiper, several tubes that are halfused.

The washstand became to look clean, my dad and I went to a drivers' range because he is going to golf tomorrow with Mayumi, Minoru and Akihiro. Thanks to my golf-lessons, I hit really well today. When I walked to my hitting space, I remembered the lesson from baseball. "Do it with 80% of your power. If you do it with 100%, you will lose your stability." that was an interesting experience. When I was a little league kid, I was a pitcher. I found out that 80%-throw was faster than 100%-throw. I don't know why this words came to my mind tonight, but I just followed. Yeah this will be something I should tell myself next time I golf too.

I'm finished with "Words that Change Minds" tonight, it was a quick-read. Thanks to Prof. Pellom McDaniels in Emory University, my reading speed became faster. But I think there are a lot to be improved in my reading. For example, Prof. McDaniels reads a lot and writes a lot, then utilizes a lot in his life. He has what he calls "burning question" , that I say "very compelling outcome" which makes him go ( read, write, speak or all things he does ) . I think that is why he remembers and uses a lot from his readings.
For this reading "Words that Change Minds" it was ok with a general understanding because it was for translation. But when it comes to a reading for myself, things are different. If I want to find a clear answer, I need to have a clear question before I read.

Tomorrow, it will be the last day of 2006. Time flies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that was a fun talk last night but very late for you. But nice for me because at least this way I did not have to have dinner alone :).
I found your cleaning story very enjoyable, about how you like discovering things. And listening to Dutch while cleaning you are so eager to learn, very nice!
xx

Yasu said...

I have the same feelings on that. We should do that talk again! :) mwah

Yeah what is fun in learning Dutch is I can use them immediately thanks to you. And you ane me are happy with it. mwah