Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Last Golf Lesson


Drivers Range in Technoland Amagasaki

I didn't have time to wrote on 12th January Friday. I worked at JMA then went to my last golf lesson. Since this is a makeup of a class I missed, I had a different teacher, but he was really good. He is very good at explaining how things work. Before hitting, he read our textbook and explain logically. It made sense a lot. Then he saw students' hittings. He gave me two advices. My hits were often sliced, meaning curved to the right. He first told me to set the face earlier than I imagine. This means the head of my golfclub is not really facing straight, instead facing to the right. Yes that makes sense, that is why my hits go the right. The second advice he gave me was to move my weight forward as I swing. In baseball you are often told not to move your weight back or forth so that you can see the ball well. But it is not a golf ( I have to keep saying that to myself ) , you can move forward while swinging. This allows me to hit further.

Thanks to those two nice advices, my hits got much better. They became to go more straight and further, more often. If you get better, you enjoy it more. This is true. The class ended at 9:15 pm but I didn't notice it. I was hitting , hitting and hitting. When I noticed, the time was already after 9:30. But there were still some balls in my box. I hit them quickly. That was a hard exercise unlike golf. I was very satisfied.

I put my clubs in bag , then walked to my family's car. I took a picture of the drivers range then.

The teacher I met this day is a really good teacher. It was right that I chose to take a makeup lesson on this day this time. I think my debut game will be in March. Hope it will be fun like this golf lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah golf... yeah I really don't like it! It is too difficult and boring, haha. But I am glad you like it and that you are improving. So you have an actual game in March? Wow, who are you playing against? Well, good luck with that!
xx

Yasu said...

Yeah I used to not like it too, but now I do. I am playing against Minoru I guess in March. Thanks, I will do my best ;) mwah